(First, thanks for all your kind words the last few days. I'm shoving it away again. Oh, and SAYING IT helped. Moving on...)
I am a victim of our culture.
I blame the (beloved) TV. Or interwebs. Both. I don't know.
Many, many thoughts are rambling around, "up there," but I have yet to form them into essays, work them out to completion, focus on one at a time.
I'm going to pick and choose from this list to form ARTbeautyTRUTH this coming year.
1. Instead of ending the day with a downward spiral of whining, I decided to change the conversation. At dinner, everyone has been saying three good things that happened to them that day. (Thanks, Keri, for the idea.) We get to hear about each other, and we are forced to remember the positives. It's too easy to descend into complaining. Complaints become overwhelming when multiplied by four!
2. Music. I listen to very different things in the sunshine as opposed to the rest of the year.
3. I love spring. For the first time, maybe ever. Did I say that last year!? If you love spring, I love it because of you.
4. Wanna know the difference between an author and a wannabe? The author just finished something.
5. How, HOW does one be professional while raising two (and a half) children? I have no idea.
6. I'm training for another race. I can't tell you what it is, because I'm not telling the Internet when I'm going to be out of town, BUT IT IS REALLY COOL.
7. I want to change the world. Don't you? I want to change a life. Make a difference. I don't know what that looks like yet...
8. I have pushed away a lot of people the last two years. This needs to change. I got lonely on purpose, and I regret it.
9. I started reading fashion blogs like this one. Clearly, my brain has evaporated.
10. Wanna know why I love twitter, the blog? INSTANT GRATIFICATION. When tweeps tell me they like my writing... well, it FEELS BETTER than trying to finish a book that may or may not be published in three years. THIS NEEDS TO CHANGE.
It just like a marathon. If it's worth doing, it's worth doing bit by bit... delayed gratification and all.
11. My dearest friend is in PARIS. Whoo!
WHAT ARE YOUR UNFINISHED THOUGHTS?